Tuesday, June 19, 2007

First Embassy Appointment....Complete!




We went for our first embassy appointment today, which is a two step process in order to get Lyla's visa, so we can head home. I didn't think that I would be nervous, but when we were on our way there, I started to get a little nervous about the interview. We entered the US Embassy here in Hanoi and they had to scan our bags, and then we were ushered into a room, where we waited for them to call our name. Once they called our name, we went into a different room and we were interviewed. The person interviewing us was on the opposite side of the glass window...kind of like prison, I guess! He just asked us simple questions....nothing to painful. The whole interview lasted about 15 minutes tops. We will now wait to be called for our second interview. Until then, we will pick up Lyla's passport and have her medical exam done on Thursday.
Lyla is doing great, and can't wait to meet her big brother and sister!
I think that Aiden is having so much fun with my parents, he may not want to come home with us!!
Tiffany and Shane




1 comment:

kimmi/nate said...

Cool Beans....another step closer

Glad Doobers is doing good, I can't imagine how much you must miss him. Lyla looks so happy and content in all her pics. I can't wait to meet her!!!
Love y'all

kimi